Thursday, August 6, 2015

Lost portrait FOUND of Richard Dawkins!

A few months ago I painted this portrait of noted evolutionary biologist and writer Richard Dawkins. I shipped the portrait to England on May 15th, 2015, destined for Cambridge, UK CB3. It was shipped from Burlington, Ontario, Canada. It hasn't been seen since. 

UPDATE: August 2015 The painting made an incredible four month journey across the Atlantic and back to my doorstep the very next day after Richard tweeted its plight out on Twitter. Amazing! The wrapping was covered in various stickers marking its journey back and forth across the ocean and into customs. I am so thankful that it is back safe and sound and I will be able to deliver it in person to Richard this autumn. 

The portrait is oil on wood panel, 11"x14", and when I shipped it it was well packaged in two layers of cardboard and brown packing paper. 

This is the first time this has ever happened and it is vexing wondering what has become of the portrait. When I visited the post office I presumed tracking was included. This was my error as it was not and I did not realize until the painting did not arrive in the United Kingdom. Canada Post has informed me that since there was no tracking number the portrait is essentially a "missing item". 

Thank-you again very much for any and all help you can provide in locating this painting. Please feel free to share this message on any social media platforms. 

Sincerely,

Heather